Tuesday 17 June 2014

Ivory Coast v Colombia, Cameroun v Croatia : Getting Ready For Action

Just Relaxing And Sharing My Thoughts
On The World Cup So Far


As I look forward to the crackers between Cameroun & Croatia, then Ivory Coast vs Colombia, I would be personally paying close attention to Samuel Eto, Rakitic, and Kovacic. While in the other game I am particularly interested in Yaya Toure, Didier Drogba, and James Rodriguez (pronounced Hamez by the way). Nevertheless let me scribble a few thoughts about some of the games I have seen so far....

Ghana 1 - USA 2

He may not be as skillful as Edin Hazard, but Clint Dempsey was impressive as his US side beat Ghana 2-1 despite the support of the juju man that was supposed to be charging the Ghanian team's spiritual batteries.
There is a very interesting article about this Ghanaian Voodoo man by the way.
He was my man of the match, eventhough the evergreen Asamoah Gyan was also special. The youngster Andre Ayew was great as well, so also were Kwando Asamoah of Ghana and Sean Bradley of the USA.


Argentina 2 - Bosnia Herzegovina 1

Lionel Messi may have started slow, but he ended the game in world class fashion. A fantastic goal that would easily contend for goal of the tournament puts Messi in a class of his own as Argentina narrowly edged out Bosnia 2-1. Angel DiMaria was also special in that game.

Neymar was full of colourful tricks when his side took on Mexico, but they were not enough to beat the Mexican Goalie, Ochoa, who bore no resemblance with Argentina's keeper, Sergio Romero. hahaha!
So....Brazil 0 - Mexico 0

So other matches were played, but I have very little time to type this post. Please subscribe to my blog if you want to hear more of my football ranting. 



When I find some more time, I will do some in-depth analysis, and I will be inviting some of you to post your tactical ideas on my blog......so get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for TrueFootballAnalysts